Friday 17 June 2011

She is everywhere and in everything

Motherhood
motherless
mother country
mother earth
mother’s day
mother-in-law
motherland
motherly
mother-of-pearl
mother tongue
Mother

soft breast of my mother
children go their lonely way
watching out for a loving bird
nest
bird fly over the clouds 
where home is not
fly through happiness 

love body
milk
white milk
licked by the cat’s tongue
red little tongue caresses my body 
over and over 
caressing our bodies 
our freedom

a dead dragonfly lies on the road
accusations start
you stepped on it! 
no you! 
not me! 
yes you! 
no - You Mami! 
YOU MAMI STAMPED ON IT! 

to have peace I concede
yes it was me
Mothers
my own mother
between hate and love 
or yearning and love? 

will it be the same with my girls? 
separation
my wedding finger is throbbing
the little one is crying in her sleep
it’s midnight
what might it be? 
she was in pain
throwing her body about
and 
now settled again

she is so much more able to say what is wrong
what she needs

I am too

No comments:

Post a Comment