Wednesday 26 September 2012

On courage...


one of my girls

she struggled with being kind 
and wanting to say no
at the same time

wanting some space
to be who she wants to be
is that allowed?

tears, and hugs and 
conflicted feelings
a big sigh

my little child
life takes courage
and when the pains outweigh the joys

I give you permission to say
NO

life takes courage indeed

she asked for her initial 
the sparkly big N
encrusted with diamonds

to be put in her pocket
so she may be reminded
of being courageous

my little girl
the journey
of becoming YOU

life takes courage indeed

where is my courage?
when do I hide?
how can I be counted?

walking tall
pushing through
the inner resistance

the truth to be told
to live a life 
as you say and as you feel

deep down in your heart

stepping out 
and standing tall

this is me


No comments:

Post a Comment